Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
2. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?
3. The simple interest on a sum of money is 4/9 of the principal and the number of years is equal to the rate percent. Find the rate and the time?
4. Two stations A and B are 110 km apart on a straight line. One train starts from A at 7 a.m. and travels towards B at 20 kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 a.m. and travels towards A at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
5. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
6. 252 can be expressed as a product of primes as:
7. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
8. A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth." If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
9. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C, in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. Find the share of C?
10. A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 sec. What is the length of the goods train?
11. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
12. If the sides of two cubes are in the ratio 3: 1 the ratio of their total surface area is?
13. Albert invested Rs. 8000 in a scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5% p.a. How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit?
14. 6 of 5/8 / 5/8 - 1/8 = ?
15. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
16. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 30 days and C and A in 36 days. In how many days will the work be completed, if all three of them work together?
17. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
18. What is the rate percent when the simple interest on Rs.800 amount to Rs.160 in 4 Years?
19. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
20. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
21. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
22. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
23. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
24. A vessel of capacity 90 litres is fully filled with pure milk. Nine litres of milk is removed from the vessel and replaced with water. Nine litres of the solution thus formed is removed and replaced with water. Find the quantity of pure milk in the final milk solution?
25. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
26. 108 * 107 * 96 = ? (to the nearest hundred)
27. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
28. The compound interest earned by Sunil on a certain amount at the end of two years at the rate of 8% p.a. was Rs.2828.80. Find the total amount that Sunil got back at the end of two years in the form of principal plus interest earned.
29. The height of two right circular cones are in the ratio 1:2 and their perimeters of their bases are in the ratio 3:4, the ratio of their volume is?
30. Express 25 mps in kmph?
31. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
32. The cost of 2 chairs and 3 tables is Rs.1300. The cost of 3 chairs and 2 tables is Rs.1200. The cost of each table is more than that of each chair by?
33. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
34. A 270 m long train running at the speed of 120 km/hr crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 km/hr in 9 sec. What is the length of the other train?
35. A 1200 m long train crosses a tree in 120 sec, how much time will I take to pass a platform 700 m long?
36. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?
37. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
38. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
39. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
40. Find the smallest number which should be multiplied with 520 to make it a perfect square.
41. In an office, totally there are 6400 employees and 65% of the total employees are males. 25% of the males in the office are at-least 50 years old. Find the number of males aged below 50 years?
42. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
43. A 70 cm long wire is to be cut into two pieces so that one piece will be 2/5th of the other, how many centimeters will the shorter piece be?
44. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
45. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
46. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
47. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
48. What sum of money will produce Rs.70 as simple interest in 4 years at 3 1/2 percent?
49. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
50. Simran started a software business by investing Rs. 50,000. After six months, Nanda joined her with a capital of Rs. 80,000. After 3 years, they earned a profit of Rs. 24,500. What was Simran's share in the profit?