Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
2. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
3. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
4. The difference of two numbers is 1365. On dividing the larger number by the smaller, we get 6 as quotient and 15 as remainder. What is the smaller number?
5. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. What percent of 125 is 16?
8. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
9. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 m long and traveling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 sec is?
10. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
11. A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds. Its length is:
12. The present ages of three persons are in proportions 4:7:9. Eight years ago, the sum of their ages was 56. Find their present ages.
13. A trader purchased two colour televisions for a total of Rs. 35000. He sold one colour television at 30% profit and the other 40% profit. Find the difference in the cost prices of the two televisions if he made an overall profit of 32%?
14. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs. 1025 due in 2 years at the rate of 5% compound interest?
15. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
16. Kamal started a business investing Rs. 9000. After five months, Sameer joined with a capital of Rs. 8000. If at the end of the year, they earn a profit of Rs. 6970, then what will be the share of Sameer in the profit?
17. By selling an umbrella for Rs. 300, a shop keeper gains 20%. During a clearance sale, the shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price. His gain percent during the sale is:
18. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
19. Find the H.C.F of 54/9, 3 9/17 and 36/51?
20. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
21. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
22. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
23. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
24. A cistern is filled by a tap in 3 1/2 hours. Due to leak in the bottom of the cistern, it takes half an hour longer to fill the cistern. If the cistern is full how long will it take the leak to empty it?
25. A rectangular lawn of dimensions 80 m * 60 m has two roads each 10 m wide running in the middle of the lawn, one parallel to the length and the other parallel to the breadth. What is the cost of traveling the two roads at Rs.3 per sq m?
26. Find out the C.I on Rs.5000 at 4% p.a. compound half-yearly for 1 1/2 years.
27. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
28. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
29. 3/20 is what percent of 12/25?
30. A cylinder and a cone have a same height and same radius of the base. The ratio between the volumes of the cylinder and cone is?
31. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
32. Sam purchased 20 dozens of toys at the rate of Rs. 375 per dozen. He sold each one of them at the rate of Rs. 33. What was his percentage profit?
33. The average marks of a class of 30 students is 40 and that of another class of 50 students is 60. Find the average marks of all the students?
34. The total age of A and B is 12 years more than the total age of B and C. C is how many years younger than A?
35. Divide Rs. 1500 among A, B and C so that A receives 1/3 as much as B and C together and B receives 2/3 as A and C together. A's share is?
36. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
37. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
38. In how many ways can a committee consisting of three men and four women be formed from a group of six men and seven women?
39. 217 * 217 + 183 * 183 = ?
40. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
41. A heap of stones can be made up into groups of 21. When made up into groups of 16, 20, 25 and 45 there are 3 stones left in each case. How many stones at least can there be in the heap?
42. The area of a triangle is with base 4m and height 5m?
43. The area of a parallelogram is 128sq m and its altitude is twice the corresponding base. Then the length of the base is?
44. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
45. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
46. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but 4 minutes after the start the pipe A is turned off. How much time will it take to fill the tank?
47. What percent of 120 are 90?
48. In a class there are 20 boys and 25 girls. In how many ways can a boy and a girl be selected?
49. Rs.800 amounts to Rs.920 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest is increased by 3%, it would amount to how much?
50. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?