Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The average of four positive integers is 69. The highest integer is 93 and the least integer is 39. The difference between the remaining two integers is 28. Which of the following integers is the higher of the remaining two integers?
2. If one-third of one fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is:
3. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
4. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
5. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
6. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
7. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
8. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
9. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
10. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
11. A sum of money deposited at C.I. amounts to Rs.2420 in 2 years and to Rs.2662 in 3 years. Find the rate percent?
12. The cross-section of a cannel is a trapezium in shape. If the cannel is 10 m wide at the top and 6 m wide at the bottom and the area of cross-section is 640 sq m, the depth of cannel is?
13. ³√216400 + √280 + √322 = ?
14. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
15. The length of the rectangular field is double its width. Inside the field there is square shaped pond 8m long. If the area of the pond is 1/8 of the area of the field. What is the length of the field?
16. The average salary of a person for the months of January, February, March and April is Rs.8000 and that for the months February, March, April and May is Rs.8500. If his salary for the month of May is Rs.6500, find his salary for the month of January?
17. Three men start together to travel the same way around a circular track of 11 kilometers in circumference. Their speeds are 4, 5 and 8 kilometers per hour respectively. When will they meet at a starting point?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. Two pipes A and B together can fill a cistern in 4 hours. Had they been opened separately, then B would have taken 6 hours more than A to fill cistern. How much time will be taken by A to fill the cistern separately?
20. The compound interest earned by Sunil on a certain amount at the end of two years at the rate of 8% p.a. was Rs.2828.80. Find the total amount that Sunil got back at the end of two years in the form of principal plus interest earned.
21. Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
22. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for Rs. 350 than by selling it for Rs. 340, the cost of the article is:
23. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
24. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
25. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average of the team?
26. In an office, totally there are 6400 employees and 65% of the total employees are males. 25% of the males in the office are at-least 50 years old. Find the number of males aged below 50 years?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. What is the unit digit in 7105 ?
29. The length of a rectangle is increased by 25% and its breadth is decreased by 20%. What is the effect on its area?
30. On dividing 2272 as well as 875 by 3-digit number N, we get the same remainder. The sum of the digits of N is:
31. A library has an average of 510 visitors on Sunday and 240 on other days. The average number of visitors per day in a month of 30 days beginning with a Sunday is:
32. If A:B:C = 2:3:4, then A/B : B/C : C/A is equal to:
33. A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
34. Aamir saves 32% of his monthly salary. If he spends Rs. 27200, then find his savings?
35. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
36. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
37. The product of two successive numbers is 4556. Which of the following is the larger of the two numbers?
38. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.
39. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
40. The sum of three consecutive numbers is 87. The greatest among these three number is:
41. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
42. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected, if it should have 5 seniors and 5 juniors?
43. The difference between the two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging its digits is 54. The difference between the digits is?
44. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
45. The least number which when diminished by 7 is divisible by 21, 28, 36 and 45 is?
46. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are either blue or yellow?
47. If 5 men and 2 boys working together, can do four times as much work per hour as a man and a boy together. Find the ratio of the work done by a man and that of a boy for a given time?
48. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
49. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If four marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that none is blue?
50. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3