Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A boy rides his bicycle 10 km at an average speed of 12 km/hr and again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km/hr. His average speed for the entire trip is approximately?
2. Rs.1200 divided among P, Q and R. P gets half of the total amount received by Q and R. Q gets one-third of the total amount received by P and R. Find the amount received by R?
3. 5% people of a village in Sri Lanka died by bombardment, 15% of the remainder left the village on account of fear. If now the population is reduced to 3553, how much was it in the beginning?
4. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
5. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.
6. The third proportional to 1 and 2 is?
7. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
8. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
9. A person spends 1/5th of his income on the education of his children, and 20% of the remaining on food. If he is left with Rs.576 find his income?
10. Seats for Mathematics, Physics and Biology in a school are in the ratio 5:7:8. There is a proposal to increase these seats by 40%, 50% and 75% respectively. What will be the ratio of increased seats?
11. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
12. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
13. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
14. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
15. Find the smallest number which should be multiplied with 520 to make it a perfect square.
16. The curved surface of a sphere is 64 π cm2. Find its radius?
17. A is twice as good a workman as B and they took 7 days together to do the work B alone can do it in.
18. The probability that a number selected at random from the first 50 natural numbers is a composite number is -.
19. The average age of seven persons sitting in a row facing east is 28 years. If the average age of the first three persons is 21 years and the average age of the last three persons is 34 years, then find the age of the person sitting in the middle of the row?
20. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
21. A sum of Rs. 2665 is lent into two parts so that the interest on the first part for 8 years at 3% per annum may be equal to the interest on the second part for 3 years at 5% per annum. Find the second sum?
22. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
23. Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4:7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreased by 25%, the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8:7. What are A's earnings?
24. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
25. If in a box of dimensions 6 m * 5 m * 4 m smaller boxes of dimensions 60 cm * 50 cm * 40 cm are kept in it, then what will be the maximum number of the small boxes that can be kept in it?
26. The average temperature for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 48 degrees and for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was 46 degrees. If the temperature on Monday was 42 degrees. Find the temperature on Friday?
27. If A:B = 2:3, B:C = 4:5 and C:D = 6:7, then A:B:C:D is:
28. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
29. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
30. What distance will be covered by a bus moving at 72 kmph in 30 seconds?
31. Sides of a rectangular park are in the ratio 3: 2 and its area is 3750 sq m, the cost of fencing it at 50 ps per meter is?
32. Five years ago the average of the ages of A and B was 40 years and now the average of the ages of B and C is 48 years. What will be the age of the B ten years hence?
33. A rectangular lawn of dimensions 80 m * 60 m has two roads each 10 m wide running in the middle of the lawn, one parallel to the length and the other parallel to the breadth. What is the cost of traveling the two roads at Rs.3 per sq m?
34. If the sides of two cubes are in the ratio 3: 1 the ratio of their total surface area is?
35. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
36. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
37. 45 men working 8 hours per day dig 30 m deep. How many extra men should be put to dig to a depth of 50 m working 6 hours per day?
38. (0.456 * 0.456 - 0.228 * 0.228) / (0.456 + 0.228) = ?
39. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
40. Two trains of equal length, running with the speeds of 60 and 40 kmph, take 50 seconds to cross each other while they are running in the same direction. What
time will they take to cross each other if they are running in opposite directions?
41. By selling an article at Rs.800, a shopkeeper makes a profit of 25%. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a loss of 25%?
42. A jogger running at 9 km/hr along side a railway track is 240 m ahead of the engine of a 120 m long train running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
43. Rajan borrowed Rs.4000 at 5% p.a compound interest. After 2
years, he repaid Rs.2210 and after 2 more year, the balance with interest. What
was the total amount that he paid as interest?
44. Thirty men can do a work in 24 days. In how many days can 20 men can do the work, given that the time spent per day is increased by one-third of the previous time?
45. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
46. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
47. (50 - ?/29)% of 4200 = 3√196
48. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
49. Which one of the following numbers is exactly divisible by 11?
50. How many minimum number's of whole square slabs are required for paving the floor 12.96 meters long and 3.84 meters side?