Time Left: 00:50:00
1. On dividing 2272 as well as 875 by 3-digit number N, we get the same remainder. The sum of the digits of N is:
2. Ramu rides his bike at an average speed of 45 km/hr and reaches his desitination in four hours. Somu covers the same distance in six hours. If Ramu covered his journey at an average speed which was 9 km/hr less and Somu covered his journey at an average speed which was 10 km/hr more, then the difference in their times taken to reach the destination would be (in minutes).
3. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
4. A sum amount to Rs.1344 in two years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate of interest for the same
5. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
6. The compound ratio of 2/3, 6/7, 1/3 and 1/8 is given by?
7. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.710 and a uniform after a year service. He served only for 8 months and got Rs.460 and a uniform. Find the price of the uniform?
8. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
9. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
10. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
11. Which of the following is the greatest?
12. The marks obtained by Vijay and Amith are in the ratio 4:5 and those obtained by Amith and Abhishek in the ratio of 3:2. The marks obtained by Vijay and Abhishek are in the ratio of?
13. Rs.1170 is divided so that 4 times the first share, thrice the 2nd share and twice the third share amount to the same. What is the value of the third share?
14. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
15. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
16. A, B and C are entered into a partnership. A invested Rs.6500 for 6 months, B invested Rs.8400 for 5 months and C invested for Rs.10000 for 3 months. A is a
working partner and gets 5% of the total profit for the same. Find the share of C in a total profit of Rs.7400.
17. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
18. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
19. Two stations A and B are 110 km apart on a straight line. One train starts from A at 7 a.m. and travels towards B at 20 kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 a.m. and travels towards A at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
20. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
21. Two same glasses are respectively 1/4th 1/5th full of milk. They are then filled with water and the contents mixed in a tumbler. The ratio of milk and water in the tumbler is?
22. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
23. I. a2 + 8a + 16 = 0, II. b2 - 4b + 3 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
24. The speed of a train is 90 kmph. What is the distance covered by it in 10 minutes?
25. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. Convert the 13/36 m/s into kilometers per hour?
28. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
29. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
30. Mahesh marks an article 15% above the cost price of Rs. 540. What must be his discount percentage if he sells it at Rs. 496.80?
31. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
32. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
33. The average age of a husband and a wife is 23 years when they were married five years ago but now the average age of the husband, wife and child is 20 years(the child was born during the interval). What is the present age of the child?
Find the smallest number which when increased by 5, divisible by 6, 9, 15, 20 and 24?
35. The area of a triangle is with base 4m and height 5m?
36. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
37. In a group of 80 children and 10 youngsters, each child got sweets that are 15% of the total number of children and each youngster got sweets that are 25% of the total number of children. How many sweets were there?
38. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
39. If the simple interest on a sum of money for 2 years at 5% per annum is Rs. 50, what is the compound interest on the same sum at the rate and for the same time?
40. Three persons invested Rs.9000 in a joint business. The second person invested Rs.1000 more than the first and the third Rs.1000 more than second. After two
years, they gained Rs.5400. How much third person will get?
41. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
42. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
43. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product.
44. A man can row 30 km downstream and 20 km upstream in 4 hours. He can row 45 km downstream and 40 km upstream in 7 hours. Find the speed of man in still water?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at Cost Price but still gets 20% profit by using a false weight. What weight does he substitute for a kilogram?
47. The average of 10 numbers is 23. If each number is increased by 4, what will the new average be?
48. 184 * 216 - 81 + 119 / 0.7 = ?
49. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
50. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?