Time Left: 00:30:00
1. A, B and C enter into partnership. A invests some money at the beginning, B invests double the amount after 6 months, and C invests thrice the amount after
8 months. If the annual gain be Rs.18000. A's share is?
2. The third proportional to 1 and 2 is?
3. The compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.44000 at the end of two years is Rs.1193.60. What would be the simple interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
6. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
7. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
8. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
9. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
10. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
11. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their surface area?
12. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to:
13. In a race of 1000 m, A can beat by 100 m, in a race of 800m, B can beat C by 100m. By how many meters will A beat C in a race of 600 m?
14. A man can swim in still water at 4.5 km/h, but takes twice as long to swim
upstream than downstream. The speed of the stream is?
15. In a bag there are coins of 50 paisa, 25 paisa and one rupee in the proportion 5:6:2. If there are in all Rs.42, the number of 25 paisa coins is?
16. A and B entered into a partnership investing Rs.25000 and Rs.30000 respectively. After 4 months C also joined the business with an investment of Rs.35000. What
is the share of C in an annual profit of Rs.47000?
17. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth." If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
20. Rs.800 amounts to Rs.920 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest is increased by 3%, it would amount to how much?
21. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for Rs. 350 than by selling it for Rs. 340, the cost of the article is:
22. Pipes A and B can fill a tank in 5 and 6 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty it in 12 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then the tank will be filled in?
23. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
24. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?
25. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
26. A, B and C are partners. A receives 2/3 of profits, B and C dividing the remainder equally. A's income is increased by Rs.200 when the rate to profit rises from 5 to 7 percent. Find the Capital of B?
27. A, B and C can do a work in 90, 30 and 45 days respectively. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
28. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
29. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
30. The average marks of a class of 30 students is 40 and that of another class of 50 students is 60. Find the average marks of all the students?