Time Left: 00:30:00
1. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
2. A can do half the work in one day where as B can do it full. B can also do half the work of C in one day. Ratio in their efficiency will be?
3. What are the number of ways to select 3 men and 2 women such that one man and one woman are always selected?
4. Find the average of the series : 312, 162, 132, 142 and 122?
5. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
6. Two trains of equal lengths take 10 sec and 15 sec respectively to cross a telegraph post. If the length of each train be 120 m, in what time will they cross other travelling in opposite direction?
7. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a rate of S.I. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what amount will Rs. 800 become in 3 years?
8. The probability that a number selected at random from the first 50 natural numbers is a composite number is -.
9. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
10. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
11. The proportion of copper and zinc in the brass is 13:7. How much zinc will there be in 100 kg of brass?
12. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
13. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
14. What is the least number to be subtracted from 696 to make it a perfect square?
15. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
16. The distance between Delhi and Mathura is 110 kms. A starts from Delhi with a speed of 20 kmph at 7 a.m. for Mathura and B starts from Mathura with a speed of 25 kmph at 8 p.m. from Delhi. When will they meet?
17. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
18. If (461 + 462 + 463 + 464) is divisible by ?, then ? =
19. 60% of a number is added to 120, the result is the same number. Find the number?
20. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
21. The volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 27: 125, what shall be the ratio of their surface areas?
22. The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
23. The product of two successive numbers is 4556. Which of the following is the larger of the two numbers?
24. In an office, totally there are 6400 employees and 65% of the total employees are males. 25% of the males in the office are at-least 50 years old. Find the number of males aged below 50 years?
25. A man purchases 8 pens for Rs.9 and sells 9 pens for Rs.8, how much profit or loss does he make?
26. A trader purchased two colour televisions for a total of Rs. 35000. He sold one colour television at 30% profit and the other 40% profit. Find the difference in the cost prices of the two televisions if he made an overall profit of 32%?
27. A and B go around a circular track of length 600 m on a cycle at speeds of 36 kmph and 54 kmph. After how much time will they meet for the first time at the starting point?
28. The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4 kmph. A boat goes 6 km and back to
the starting point in 2 hours, then find the speed of the boat in still water?
29. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
30. Simplify the following equation
[(p - q)2 - (p + q)2] / 4p = b/a