Time Left: 00:30:00
1. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
2. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
3. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
4. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
5. In a bag there are coins of 50 paisa, 25 paisa and one rupee in the proportion 5:6:2. If there are in all Rs.42, the number of 25 paisa coins is?
6. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
7. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
8. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
9. A cistern has a leak which would empty the cistern in 20 minutes. A tap is turned on which admits 4 liters a minute into the cistern, and it is emptied in 24 minutes. How many liters does the cistern hold?
10. A train 110 m long is running with a speed of 60 km/hr. In what time will it pass a man who is running at 6 km/hr in the direction opposite to that in which the train is going?
11. The average salary of a person for the months of January, February, March and April is Rs.8000 and that for the months February, March, April and May is Rs.8500. If his salary for the month of May is Rs.6500, find his salary for the month of January?
12. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
13. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?
14. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
15. 25% of 30% of 45% is equal to?
16. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?
17. A certain sum of money is invested for one year at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is 3% higher, then the invest earned will be 25% more than the interest earned earlier. What is the earlier rate of interest?
18. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
19. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 sec. What is the length of the train?
20. A train running at a speed of 36 kmph crosses an electric pole in 12 seconds. In how much time will it cross a 350 m long platform?
21. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
22. The average weight of 25 persons sitting in a boat had some value. A new person added to them whose weight was 46 kg only. Due to his arrival, the average weight of all the persons decreased by 5 kg. Find the average weight of first 25 persons?
23. In a race of 1000 m, A can beat by 100 m, in a race of 800m, B can beat C by 100m. By how many meters will A beat C in a race of 600 m?
24. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
25. Two same glasses are respectively 1/4th 1/5th full of milk. They are then filled with water and the contents mixed in a tumbler. The ratio of milk and water in the tumbler is?
26. A number when divided by 221 gives a remainder 43, what remainder will be obtained by dividing the same number 17?
27. If 25% of x is 15 less than 15% of 1500, then x is?
28. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
29. 80 is what percent of 64?
30. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?