Time Left: 00:30:00
1. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
2. The time taken by a man to row his boat upstream is twice the time taken by him to row the same distance downstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 42 kmph, find the speed of the stream?
3. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
4. The average height of 50 pupils in a class is 150 cm. Five of them whose height is 146 cm, leave the class and five others whose average height is 156 cm, join. The new average height of the pupils of the class (in cm) is __________ .
5. In a partnership between A, B and C. A's capital is Rs.5000. If his share of a profit of Rs.800 is Rs.200 and C's share is Rs.130, what is B's capital?
6. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C, in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. Find the share of C?
7. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
8. If the price of an article went up by 20%, then by what percent should it be brought down to bring it back to its original price?
9. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
10. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting 2 men and 3 women from the given committee?
11. Amar, Bhavan and Chetan divide an amount of Rs.5600 among themselves in the ratio 3:6:5. If an amount of Rs.400 is deducted from each of their shares, what will be the new ratio of their shares of the amount?
12. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
13. The average of five results is 46 and that of the first four is 45. The fifth result is?
14. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
15. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
16. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
17. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
18. On a sum of money, the S.I. for 2 years is Rs. 660, while the C.I. is Rs. 696.30, the rate of interest being the same in both the cases. The rate of interest is?
19. The base of a right triangle is 8 and hypotenuse is 10. Its area is?
The sub-duplicate ratio of 1:4 is
21. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
22. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
23. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
24. If a number is subtracted from its square we get 272. Find the number?
25. A sum of money becomes double itself in 8 years at simple interest. How many
times will it become 10 years at the same rate?
26. A bag contains nine yellow balls, three white balls and four red balls. In how many ways can two balls be drawn from the bag?
27. A delegation of 5 members has to be formed from 3 ladies and 5 gentlemen. In how many ways the delegation can be formed, if 2 particular ladies are always included in the delegation?
28. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
29. 20% of 40 + ? % of 80 = 120
30. Solve for m if 3(√3)m+4 = (√3)2m+7