Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Express a speed of 36 kmph in meters per second?
2. Express 25 mps in kmph?
3. The speed of a train is 90 kmph. What is the distance covered by it in 10 minutes?
4. A car covers a distance of 624 km in 6 ½ hours. Find its speed?
5. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
6. A train 240 m in length crosses a telegraph post in 16 seconds. The speed of the train is?
7. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
8. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
9. If a man walks to his office at ¾ of his usual rate, he reaches office 1/3 of an hour late than usual. What is his usual time to reach office?
10. Walking 7/6 of his usual rate, a boy reaches his school 4 min early. Find his usual time to reach the school?
11. Two cars cover the same distance at the speed of 60 and 64 kmps respectively. Find the distance traveled by them if the slower car takes 1 hour more than the
12. A man leaves a point P at 6 a.m. and reaches the point Q at 10 a.m. another man leaves the point give at 8 a.m. and reaches the point P at 12 noon. At what
time do they meet?
13. A thief goes away with a SANTRO car at a speed of 40 kmph. The theft has been discovered after half an hour and the owner sets off in a bike at 50 kmph when
will the owner over take the thief from the start?
14. If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to
reach the station?
15. Two trains each 250 m in length are running on the same parallel lines in opposite directions with the speed of 80 kmph and 70 kmph respectively. In what time
will they cross each other completely?
16. Two trains of equal length, running with the speeds of 60 and 40 kmph, take 50 seconds to cross each other while they are running in the same direction. What
time will they take to cross each other if they are running in opposite directions?
17. If a train, travelling at a speed of 90 kmph, crosses a pole in 5 sec, then the length of train is?
18. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
19. How many seconds will a train 100 meters long take to cross a bridge 150 meters long if the speed of the train is 36 kmph?
20. A train 100 meters long completely crosses a 300 meters long bridge in 45 seconds. What is the speed of the train is?
21. A 180 meter long train crosses a man standing on the platform in 6 sec. What is the speed of the train?
22. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a train is 45 kmph and including stoppages it is 36 kmph. Of how many minutes does the train stop per hour?
23. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
24. A train leaves Delhi at 9 a.m. at a speed of 30 kmph. Another train leaves at 2 p.m. at a speed of 40 kmph on the same day and in the same direction. How far
from Delhi, will the two trains meet?
25. How long does a train 165 meters long running at the rate of 54 kmph take to cross a bridge 660 meters in length?
26. Two trains 121 meters and 165 meters in length respectively are running in opposite directions, one at the rate of 80 km and the other at the rate of 65 kmph. In what time will they be completely clear of each other from the moment they meet?
27. The distance between Delhi and Mathura is 110 kms. A starts from Delhi with a speed of 20 kmph at 7 a.m. for Mathura and B starts from Mathura with a speed of 25 kmph at 8 p.m. from Delhi. When will they meet?
28. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
29. A motorcyclist goes from Bombay to Pune, a distance of 192 kms at an average of 32 kmph speed. Another man starts from Bombay by car 2 ½ hours after the first,
and reaches Pune ½ hour earlier. What is the ratio of the speed of the motorcycle and the car?
30. A car after covering ½ of a journey of 100 km develops engine trouble and later travels at ½ of its original speed. As a result, it arrives 2 hours late than
its normal time. What is the normal speed of the car is?
31. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
32. Two men A and B start from place X walking at 4 ½ kmph and 5 ¾ kmph respectively. How many km apart they are at the end of 3 ½ hours if they are walking in the
33. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
34. How long does a train 110 m long traveling at 60 kmph takes to cross a bridge of 170 m in length?
35. A train sets off at 2 p.m. at the speed of 70 kmph. Another train starts at 3:30 p.m. in the same direction at the rate of 85 kmph. At what time the trains will meet?
36. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
37. A train 540 meters long is running with a speed of 54 kmph. The time taken by it to cross a tunnel 180 meters long is?
38. Two trains are moving at 50 kmph and 70 kmph in opposite directions. Their lengths are 150 m and 100 m respectively. The time they will take to pass each other
39. A train 100 m long crosses a platform 125 m long in 15 sec; find the speed of the train?
40. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
41. What distance will be covered by a bus moving at 72 kmph in 30 seconds?
42. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
43. A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?
44. How much time will a train of length 200 m moving at a speed of 72 kmph take to cross another train of length 300 m, moving at 36 kmph in the same direction?
45. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. After how much time will the trains meet?
46. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. In how much time will the trains cross each other?
47. Two trains are moving in the same direction at 72 kmph and 36 kmph. The faster train crosses a man in the slower train in 27 seconds. Find the length of the faster train?
48. Two trains of length 120 m and 280 m are running towards each other on parallel lines at 42 kmph and 30 kmph respectively. In what time will they be clear of each other from the moment they meet?
49. Convert the 13/36 m/s into kilometers per hour?
50. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?