Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train running at a speed of 36 kmph crosses an electric pole in 12 seconds. In how much time will it cross a 350 m long platform?
2. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
3. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
4. Find the least number which when divided by 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 19 leaves no remainder?
5. If y exceeds x by 25%, then x is less than y by?
6. A cycle is bought for Rs.900 and sold for Rs.1080, find the gain percent?
7. A train 540 meters long is running with a speed of 54 kmph. The time taken by it to cross a tunnel 180 meters long is?
8. Sreedhar and Sravan together can do a work in 25 days. With the help of Pavan, they completed the work in 8 days and earned Rs. 225. What is the share of Sravan, if Sreedhar alone can do the work in 75 days?
9. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
10. A number consists of 3 digit whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is:
11. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
12. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
13. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
14. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
15. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
16. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
17. Raman mixed 24 kg of butter at Rs. 150 per kg with 36 kg butter at the rate of Rs. 125 per kg. At what price per kg should he sell the mixture to make a profit of 40% in the transaction?
18. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
19. A cistern which could be filled in 9 hours takes one hour more to be filled owing to a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full in what time will the leak empty it?
20. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
21. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4:5:6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
22. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
23. If (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y).
24. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
25. A group consists of 4 men, 6 women and 5 children. In how many ways can 3 men, 2 women and 3 children selected from the given group?
26. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?
27. The arithmetic mean of the scores of a group of students in a test was 52. The brightest 20% of them secured a mean score of 80 and the dullest 25% a mean score of 31. The mean score of remaining 55% is:
28. A tank is filled in eight hours by three pipes A, B and C. Pipe A is twice as fast as pipe B, and B is twice as fast as C. How much time will pipe B alone take to fill the tank?
29. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If four marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that none is blue?
30. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
31. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case?
32. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
33. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
34. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
35. If two dice are thrown together, the probability of getting an even number on one die and an odd number on the other is -.
36. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
37. A money lender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 3/4 % his yearly income diminishes by Rs. 61.50, his capital is?
38. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
The sub-duplicate ratio of 1:4 is
40. (1.9 * 0.021) / (0.095 * 0.105) = ?
41. A person covered one-fourth of the total distance at 26 kmph and remaining distance at 24 kmph. What is the average speed for the total distance?
42. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full is?
43. The average age of seven persons sitting in a row facing east is 28 years. If the average age of the first three persons is 21 years and the average age of the last three persons is 34 years, then find the age of the person sitting in the middle of the row?
44. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
45. The greatest number of four digits that have 144 for their HCF is?
46. Express 25 mps in kmph?
47. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
48. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
49. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24 cm and height 16 cm.
50. A and B go around a circular track of length 600 m on a cycle at speeds of 36 kmph and 54 kmph. After how much time will they meet for the first time at the starting point?