Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
2. By selling an article at Rs.600, a profit of 25% is made. Find its cost price?
3. By selling 12 pencils for a rupee a man loses 20%. How many for a rupee should he sell in order to gain 20%?
4. HCF of 3/16, 5/12, 7/8 is:
5. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
6. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
7. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that resultant numbers become proportional?
8. Simple interest on a sum at 4% per annum for 2 years is Rs.80. The C.I. on the same sum for the same period is?
9. If a train, travelling at a speed of 90 kmph, crosses a pole in 5 sec, then the length of train is?
10. How many numbers up to 500 are divisible by 23?
11. (492 * 182) / 324 = ?
12. In a class of 140 students, 60% of them passed. By what percent is the number of students who passed more than the number of failed students?
13. A train crosses a platform of 150 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 250 m in 20 sec. then find the length of the train?
14. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
15. The ratio between the school ages of Neelam and Shaan is 5:6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of Neelam and half of Shaan's age of 5:9, then what is the school age of Shaan?
16. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
17. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
18. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
19. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely?
20. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. Sonika deposited Rs.8000 which amounted to Rs.9200 after 3 years at simple interest. Had the interest been 2% more. She would get how much?
23. 2 1/3 + 4 1/6 - 2 2/3 - 1 1/2 = 2 ?/3
24. If a and b are the roots of the equation x2 - 9x + 20 = 0, find the value of a2 + b2 + ab?
25. A building contractor employs 20 male, 15 female and 5 child workers. To a male worker he pays Rs.25 per day, to a female worker Rs.20 per day and a child worker Rs.8 per day. The average wage per day paid by the contractor is?
26. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
27. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
28. Thrice the square of a natural number decreased by 4 times the number is equal to 50 more than the number. The number is:
29. Three persons invested Rs.9000 in a joint business. The second person invested Rs.1000 more than the first and the third Rs.1000 more than second. After two
years, they gained Rs.5400. How much third person will get?
30. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
31. 25 * 25 / 25 + 15 * 40 = ?
32. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
33. HCF and LCM two numbers are 12 and 396 respectively. If one of the numbers is 36, then the other number is?
34. Ayesha's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
35. Find the lowest 4-digit number which when divided by 3, 4 or 5 leaves a remainder of 2 in each case?
36. The cost price of a radio is Rs.1500 and it was sold for Rs.1230, find the loss %?
37. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. How far is the place?
38. 60% of a number is added to 120, the result is the same number. Find the number?
39. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
40. The difference of two numbers is 1365. On dividing the larger number by the smaller, we get 6 as quotient and 15 as remainder. What is the smaller number?
41. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
42. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
43. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
44. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
45. A, B and C can do a work in 6, 8 and 12 days respectively doing the work together and get a payment of Rs.1800. What is B’s share?
46. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
47. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 4 and 5 hours respectively. If they are turned up alternately for one hour each, the time taken to fill the tank is?
48. Which of the following is the greatest?
49. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that all the three show the same number on them is -.
50. A gardener was asked a plant flowers in a row containing equal number of plants. He tried to plant 6, 8, 10 and 12 in each row, but 5 plants left in each case. When he planted 13 in a row, no plant was left. Find the number of plants with him?