Here you can find IBM Netcool Interview Questions and Answers.
In this IBM Netcool Interview Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice IBM Netcool Interview Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview by IT companies. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any IBM Netcool interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots IBM Netcool Interview Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download IBM Netcool Interview Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of IBM Netcool Interview Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the IBM Netcool technical interview.
Explain the process of automation in Object Server?
Automation can be done in object server which facilitates the user to detect changes in the object server and we generate responses to these changes. This help the admin that he will get to know about the changes done in the object server without taking any action.
What is Probes in Netcool/Omnibus?
Probe is a java written code which works as a agent it connect to the source where there is possibility of generating an event. • It detects it, collects it and forward the data to object server as events where it is displayed in event list. • Probes are event source specific. • Rules for the event detection and collection are define in the rules file. • The event collected are updated in the table alerts.status.
What is Gateways in Netcool/Omnibus?
Gateways are the intermediaries between the object server and the third party application such as databases for the exchange of events. • Gateways can also be used to replicate events and to maintain the backup of object server.
How to import and export utility in Netcool?
• Import and export Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer configurations to deploy duplicate Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus systems in your network. • Extract a subset of configuration items from Tivoli Netcool / OMNIbus Object Servers and import them into other ObjectServers. • Save Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer configuration data for backup purposes.
Explain what are the components of desktop tools in Netcool/Omnibus?
The components are as follows: • Conductor • Event List • Filter Builder • View Builder
What is Netcool/Omnibus?
• Netcool is a SLM tool which is used to monitor the real time networks, flow of data from one tool to another. • It provides the consolidated view of the events generated on one screen collected from another tool • Netcool can gather various informations like server down alerts, CPU utilization high alerts, memory alerts, disk space, mount point full related alerts etc.
Name the components of Netcool/omnibus?
• The ObjectServer • Probes • Gateways • Desktop Tools • Administration Tools
What is Object Server?
• The ObjectServer is the in-memory database server at the core of Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus. • Event information is forwarded to the ObjectServer from external programs such as probes and gateways. • This information is stored and managed in database tables, and displayed in the event list.
What is the process of Deduplication in Object Server?
• Single server can generate the alert repeatedly until the problem is not resolved related to that alert. • So deduplication is used by object server in Netcool/Omnibus. • This process makes sure to avoid the multiple entries generated in the Event List. • Therefore repeated events are collected, identified and updated as a single event. • This process reduces the size of data as well.
How to access Conductor in Netcool/Omnibus?
• For UNIX: From a command prompt, type: $NCHOME/omnibus/bin/nco & • For Windows: From the Windows Start menu, click Netcool Conductor. • Type your user name. • Type your password • The ObjectServer name defaults to NCOMS • Click Ok.