Here you can find Fill In The Blanks Questions and Answers.
In this Fill In The Blanks Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice Fill In The Blanks Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview conducted by IT Companies. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any competitive Exams interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots Fill In The Blanks Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download Fill In The Blanks Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of Fill In The Blanks Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the competitive Exams interview.
1. _____ and discipline are the basic necessities of an organised society. (A) Peace (B) Harmony (C) Prosperity (D) Progress (E) Hierarchy (F) Concord
2. With the increase in human activities, there has been _____ use of natural resources thereby causing disharmony between human beings and the natural environment. (A) planned (B) reckless (C) excessive (D) careful (E) sustained (F) avaricious
3. The city is a unique blend of tradition and _____ because it still retains its old world charm despite rapid urbanisation. (A) history (B) progress (C) modernity (D) retrogression (E) liberalism
4. The island looks very _____ because there are hardly any inhabitants dwelling in it. (A) parlous (B) perilous (C) commodious (D) picturesque (E) deserted (F) desolate
5. One must not be _____ by failure because it is often said that failure is the stepping stone to success. (A) influenced (B) hapless (C) affronted (D) disheartened (E) discouraged (F) inspired
6. Leadership is the ability to secure desirable actions from a group of followers voluntarily without the use of _____. (A) coercion (B) blandishments (C) discipline (D) deception (E) punishment (F) cajolery
7. Pollutants present in the environment are said to have a _____ effect on human health and are responsible for causing many diseases. (A) deleterious (B) salubrious (C) detrimental (D) soporific (E) seminal (F) somnolent
8. Despite _____ laws, poaching of wild animals is still carried out clandestinely in some parts of the country. (A) legal (B) penal (C) stringent (D) binding (E) dimunitive (F) violable
9. What leads to peace is not violence but peace ableness, which is not _____, but an alert, informed, practiced and active state of being. (A) passivity (B) lethargy (C) sensitivity (D) ignorance (E) obedience (F) enlightenment
10. _____ and remote in the Bay of Bengal, the Andaman and Nicobar islands is a paradise, once inhabited only by little-known tribes. (A) Secluded (B) Impossible (C) Encroached (D) Isolated (E) Scattered (F) Abandoned
Answer: Option B
The clue is 'an organised society'. More than 'peace', 'prosperity' or 'progress', an 'organised society' banks on 'harmony' and 'concord'.
Answer: Option B
There has been an increase in human activities which has resulted in 'reckless' or 'excessive' use of natural resources. None of the other words can be used for the blank.
Answer: Option C
'Urbanization' stands for 'modernity' and 'old charm' denotes 'tradition'. There is a contrast, hence 'conservatism' is ruled out and liberalism is congruent with 'modernity' and 'urbanisation'.
Answer: Option E
When nobody is living in a place, the place looks 'deserted' or 'desolate' which are the most appropriate words for the blank.
Answer: Option D
Failure can dishearten or discourage someone.