Here you can find English Questions and Answers.
In this English Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice English Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview conducted by Banks. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any Bank Exams interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots English Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download English Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of English Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the Bank Exams interview.
1. Directions(1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5) i.e, 'No Error', (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any). I noticed (1)/ several reporters (2)/ hovering around (3)/ outside of the courtroom.(4)/ No Error(5)
2. My colleague had (1)/ a hard time juggling (2)/ the needs of her family (3)/ with the demands of her job.(4)/No Error(5)
3. Despite all (1)/ the media hype,(2)/ I found the film as (3)/ very disappointing. (4)/No Error(5)
4. Given that (1)/ there was so less time.(2)/ I think the students have (3)/ done a good job (4)/No Error(5)
5. The winner of (1)/ the journalist of the year award was (2)/ not other than (3)/ the editor's daughter.(4)/ No Error(5)
6. Directions (6-10): In each of the following sentences, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. In the last budget, the government brought in a new scheme of taxation.
7. The sales of the company are increasing by leaps and bounds.
8. The police made considerable headway in sorting the papers.
9. The kind old woman received the stranger with open arms.
10. My friend ran off helter-skelter down the slope.- Page 10
Amrutananda was a well known and rich landlord in his village. He and his wife were both cunning and extremely sly. They made a lot of money by cheating and ill-treating their labourers who worked in their fields. One day, a young man named Manikya came to Amrutananda was pleasantly surprised. No one ever wanted to work for him because of his reputation, and here was someone walking right into his house! Manikya's next few words made him even happier. Manikya said, 'I will work for you for free. You need not pay me a salary, only give me a place to sleep, two sets of clothes and two meals a day.'Amrutananda was filled with joy when he heard this and was about to agree, when Manikya added, 'I have only one condition: I will tell you the truth always, but one day of the year I will lie to you.'
Amrutananda, who lied happily every day of the year, agreed to this odd condition. So Manikya joined him. He was a wonderful worker hard working and trustworthy. He was very honest and soon became Amrutananda's right hand man. A year went by and because of Manikya's hard work. Amrutananda had an excellent harvest. He and his wife Mandakini, decided to have a big feast to celebrate. They invited all their relatives and friends, who came from across the village and out side to participate in this celebration. Everyone was looking forward to the delicious feast being planned. On the morning of the feast being planned. On the morning of the feast. Amrutananda decided he would also give away some gifts to his relatives, just so that he could show-off. So he set off for the market in his cart. As soon as he was out of sight. Mandakini. He wept loudly and beat his chest. Then he fell on the floor sobbing, and announced, The master is dead.' The cart overturned on the road. Our master has been flattened like a Chapatti" As soon as amrutananda's wife and relatives heard rushed out, saying he would bring back the body, while everyone started preparing for the last rites.
Manikya now went running to his master and said "Master! your wife is dead. My kind, loving mistress is dead. A cobra bit her and she fell to the ground. as blue as the spring sky." Amrutananda was stunned. His beloved Mandakini, his partner in all his schemes, was dead! He couldn't believe it. He rushed back home shouting her name.
Mandakini was weeping loudly, Sitting in the courtyard. When she saw her husband run in, she stopped mid wail. and Amrutananda too, stood open mouthed and speechless. Then they fell into each other's arms, unable to believe their eyes.
At once they turned to Manikya, "What is the meaning of this Manikya?" his master demanded in a stren voice, Manikya smiled, "Remember my condition, that I would lie only once in a year? Well, I choose today. You see what lies can do? They nearly destroyed your life. Now think about what happens to the people you lie to everyday. Saying this he walked out, leaving behind a stunned and ashamed landlord.
Answer: Option C
Answer: Option E
Answer: Option A
Answer: Option C
Answer: Option B