Here you can find Electrical Engineering Questions and Answers.
In this Electrical Engineering Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice Electrical Engineering Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview conducted by Organisations. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any Competitive Exams interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots Electrical Engineering Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download Electrical Engineering Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of Electrical Engineering Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the Competitive Exams interview.
1. Two 1 kilo ohm, 1/2 W resistors are connected in series. Their combined resistance value and wattage will be
2. The resistance of a 100 W, 200 V lamp is
3. The ratio of the resistance of a 100 W, 220 V lamp to that of a 100 W, 110 V lamp will be nearly
4. Which of the following bulbs will have the least resistance ?
5. The unit of electrical conductivity is
1. A three phase alternator has a phase sequence of RYB for its three output voltages. In case the field current is reversed, the phase sequence will become
2. Two-alternators are running in parallel. If the driving force of both the alternators is changed, this will result in change is
3. When two alternators are running in parallel, their RKVA load share is changed by changing their ................ while their kW load share is changed by changing their ..............
4. In order that two alternators be put in parallel, which of the following factors should be identical for both ?
6. In the above figure, the characteristic for unity power factor is represented by the curve maked
1. A synchronous motor working on leading power factor and not driving any mechanical, is known
2. Which motor can conveniently operate on lagging as well as leading power factor ?
3. The back emf in the stator of a synchronous motor depends on
4. Which of the following motors is non-self starling ?
5. In case of a synchronous motor we have I. Load II. Speed III. DC excitation The magnitude of stator back emf depends on
1. The capacitance of a small single phase motor will be of the order of
2. In case of split phase motors the phase shift is usually limited to
3. For ceiling fans generally the single phase motor used is
4. In portable tools the speed of the driven shaft is reduced by
5. Which of the following applications make use of a universal motor ?
1. In regenerative cycle, bled steam is
2. Most of the generators in thermal power plants run at
3. Which of the following is not the voltage at which power is usually transmitted
4. Overall thermal efficiency of a steam power station is in the range
5. What is the maximum size of steam turbine usually being installed, for thermal power plants ?
1. Capital cost per MWh is highest in case of
2. Fuel transportation cost is least in
3. In an interconnected system consisting of a nuclear power stations, steam station and diesel generating station, which plant can be used as base load plant ?
4. Five consumers having peak demands of A, B, C, D, and E have individual load factors of 0.5. It can be concluded that
5. In a power plant a reserve generating capacity which is in operation but not in services known as
1. The inductance of a single phase two wire line is given by (D is the distance between conductors and 2v is the diameter of conductor)
2. Between two supports, due to sag the conductor takes the form of
3. Presence of ozone as a result of corona is harmful because
4. The current drawn by the line due to corona losses is
5. Corona effect can be detected by
1. In a circuit breaker the active recovery voltage depends upon
2. The transient voltage that appears across the contacts at the instant of arc extinction is called
3. The normal frequency rms voltage that appears across the breaker poles after final arc extinction has occurred, is
4. If a circuit breaker does not operate on electrical compound, the probable reason could be
5. In a circuit breaker if the insulation resistance between phase terminal and earthed frame is less than the specified limit, the probable cause could be
1. Corona results in
2. All of the following are the preferred properties of a dielectric gas EXCEPT
3. Surge voltage originate in power systems due to
4. Electro-mechanical breakdown of solid insulating materials occurs due to
5. Liquids are generally used as insulating materials up to voltage stresses of about
1. The average life of the glass bulb rectifier is
2. In mercury arc rectifier, voltage drop at anode is due to
3. In a mercury arc rectifier the cathode voltage drop is due to
4. Least undulating current will be delivered by which mercury arc rectifier
5. Ionization potential of mercury is approximately
1. Melting temperature of tungsten is
2. A zero watt lamp consumes
3. The output of a tungsten filament lamp depends on
4. Which bulb operates on lowest power ?
5. Which gas is sometimes used in filament lamps ?
1. If the specific energy consumption for suburban services is 50 to 75 watts hours per tonne km, which of the following could be a representative figure for energy consumption on main line service
2. The specific energy consumption for suburban services is usually
3. Speed of locomotive is controlled by
4. A schedule speed of 45 km, per hour is required between two stops 1.5 km apart. The duration of stop is 20 seconds. The acceleration is 2.4 km phps and retardation is 3.2 km phps. For a simplified trapezoidal curve the maximum speed over the mil will be
5. When the speed of the train is estimated taking into account the time of stop at a station in addition to the actual running time between stops, is known as
1. In large bulky materials, the uni-axial anisotropy can be induced by
2. Hysteresis loss varies with maximum flux density (B) as
3. Hysteresis loss varies with frequency (f) as
4. Which of the following can be worked with higher flux densities ?
5. By adding silicon to ferromagnetic , materials
1. The .......motors, because of their inherent characteristics, are best suited for the rolling mills
2. Motors preferred for rolling mill drive is
3. The range of horse power of electric motor drives for rolling mills is of the order of
4. For handing fragile articles in a crane
5. A pole changing type squirrel cage motor used in derricks has four, eight and twenty four poles. In this the lowest speed is used for
1. In a circular linked list organization, insertion of a record involves modification of
2. A operator precedence parser is a
3. FORTRAN is a
4. Using longer identifiers in a program will necessarily lead to
5. A critical region is
|Online Test Name||Electrical Engineering|
|Exam Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Category||Electrical Engineering Quiz|