Here you can find Operating System Questions and Answers.
In this Operating System Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice Operating System Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview conducted by organisations. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any Exams interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots Operating System Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download Operating System Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of Operating System Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the Competitive Exams interview.
1. What is operating system?
2. To access the services of operating system, the interface is provided by the:
3. Which one of the following is not true?
4. Which one of the following error will be handle by the operating system?
5. The main function of the command interpreter is:
1. Which module gives control of the CPU to the process selected by the short-term scheduler?
2. The processes that are residing in main memory and are ready and waiting to execute are kept on a list called:
3. The interval from the time of submission of a process to the time of completion is termed as:
4. Which scheduling algorithm allocates the CPU first to the process that requests the CPU first?
5. In priority scheduling algorithm:
1. What is the reusable resource?
2. Which of the following condition is required for deadlock to be possible?
3. A system is in the safe state if:
4. The circular wait condition can be prevented by:
5. Which one of the following is the deadlock avoidance algorithm?
1. CPU fetches the instruction from memory according to the value of:
2. A memory buffer used to accommodate a speed differential is called:
3. Which one of the following is the address generated by CPU?
4. Run time mapping from virtual to physical address is done by:
5. Memory management technique in which system stores and retrieves data from secondary storage for use in main memory is called:
1. RAID level 3 supports a lower number of I/Os per second, because _______________.
2. RAID level _____ is also known as block interleaved parity organisation and uses block level striping and keeps a parity block on a seperate disk.
3. A performance problem with _________ is the expense of computing and writing parity.
4. In RAID level 4, one block read, accesses __________.
5. The overall I/O rate in RAID level 4 is :
1. The systems which allows only one process execution at a time, are called:
2. In operating system, each process has its own:
3. In Unix, Which system call creates the new process?
4. A process can be terminated due to:
5. What is the ready state of a process?
1. Which of the following are forms of malicious attack ?
2. What are common security threats ?
3. From the following, which is not a common file permission ?
4. Which of the following is a good practice ?
5. What is not a good practice for user administration ?
1. An un-interruptible unit is known as :
2. The TestAndSet instruction is executed :
3. Semaphore is a/an _______ to solve the critical section problem.
4. Spinlocks are :
5. The main disadvantage of spinlocks is that :
1. Because of virtual memory, the memory can be shared among:
2. _____ is the concept in which a process is copied into main memory from the secondary memory according to the requirement.
3. The pager concerns with the:
4. Swap space exists in:
5. When a program tries to access a page that is mapped in address space but not loaded in physical memory, then?
1. Which one of the following is not shared by threads?
2. A process can be:
3. If one thread opens a file with read privileges then:
4. The time required to create a new thread in an existing process is:
5. When the event for which a thread is blocked occurs,
|Online Test Name||Operating System|
|Exam Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Category||Computer Science Engineering Quiz|