Views Questions and Answers
This is the DBMS questions and answers section on "Views" with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
Which of the following creates a virtual relation for storing the query ?
- A. Function
- B. View
- C. Procedure
- D. None of the mentioned
Answer: Option B
Any such relation that is not part of the logical model, but is made visible to a
user as a virtual relation, is called a view.
Which of the following is the syntax for views where v is view name ?
- A. Create view v as “query name”;
- B. Create “query expression” as view;
- C. Create view v as “query expression”;
- D. Create view “query expression”;
Answer: Option C
Create view v as “query expression”;
is any legal query expression. The view name is represented by v
Materialised views make sure that
- A. View definition is kept stable
- B. View definition is kept up-to-date
- C. View definition is verified for error
- D. View is deleted after specified time
Answer: Option B
View definition is kept up-to-date
Updating the value of the view
- A. Will affect the relation from which it is defined
- B. Will not change the view definition
- C. Will not affect the relation from which it is defined
- D. Cannot determine
Answer: Option A
Will affect the relation from which it is defined
SQL view is said to be updatable (that is, inserts, updates or deletes can be applied on the view) if which of the following conditions are satisfied by the query defining the view?
- A. The from clause has only one database relation.
- B. The query does not have a group by or having clause.
- C. The select clause contains only attribute names of the relation, and does not have any expressions, aggregates, or distinct specification.
- D. All of the mentioned
Answer: Option D
All of the mentioned
All of the conditions must be satisfied to update the view in sql.
Free Questions and Answers, Online Test, Mock Test - Study Online
Allindiaexams.in is a one stop destination for students, job seekers and exam aspirants. Here, you will find almost every resource for online study and online exam preparation including aptitude questions and answers with solution, reasoning questions, GK questions and answers, Placement papers, Verbal ability questions and answers, engineering questions (ECE, CSE, EEE, IT, Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautical etc.), Various interview questions and answers, Free Online Test, Mock Test, Online Quiz.
With the right online education resources, students can not only study online, but can even appear for Online Practice Tests to test their skills online. Free Online Quiz and test series are available for all the topics including Aptitude, Reasoning, GK and others.
There are two different sections for Free Online Practice Tests and Online Test. In the Online study section, free online quiz and sample tests are available for Aptitude, Reasoning, GK and all other study courses. Students can study and can appear for free tests online. In the Exam preparation section, free study material is available for all the leading competitive exams, entrance exams and recruitment exams in India. Different exam categories under exam preparation section include IT company online test, startup company written exams, automobile company online test questions and answers, Government jobs, Medical, Engineering and Management exams, Defence Exams, etc.