Here you can find Computer Networks Questions and Answers.
In this Computer Networks Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice Computer Networks Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview conducted by organisations. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any Exams interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots Computer Networks Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download Computer Networks Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of Computer Networks Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the Competitive Exams interview.
1. When collection of various computers seems a single coherent system to its client, then it is called:
2. Two devices are in network if:
3. Which one of the following computer network is built on the top of another network?
4. In computer network nodes are:
5. Communication channel is shared by all the machines on the network in:
1. The physical layer concerns with:
2. Which transmission media has the highest transmission speed in a network?
3. Bits can be send over guided and unguided media as analog signal by:
4. The portion of physical layer that interfaces with the media access control sublayer is called:
5. physical layer provides:
1. The data link layer takes the packets from _____ and encapsulates them into frames for transmission.
2. Which one of the following task is not done by data link layer?
3. Which sublayer of the data link layer performs data link functions that depend upon the type of medium?
4. Header of a frame generally contains:
5. Automatic repeat request error management mechanism is provided by:
1. The network layer concerns with:
2. Which one of the following is not a function of network layer?
3. The 4 byte IP address consists of:
4. In virtual circuit network each packet contains:
5. Which one of the following routing algorithm can be used for network layer design?
1. Transport layer aggregates data from different applications into a single stream before passing it to:
2. Which one of the following is a transport layer protocol used in internet?
3. User datagram protocol is called connectionless because:
4. Transmission control protocol is:
5. An endpoint of an inter-process communication flow across a computer network is called:
1. The ____ translates internet domain and host names to IP address.
2. Which one of the following allows a user at one site to establish a connection to another site and then pass keystrokes from local host to remote host?
3. Application layer protocol defines:
4. Which one of the following protocol delivers/stores mail to receiver server?
5. The ASCII encoding of binary data is called:
1. In cryptography, what is cipher?
2. In asymmetric key cryptography, the private key is kept by:
3. Which one of the following algorithm is not used in asymmetric-key cryptography?
4. In cryptography, the order of the letters in a message is rearranged by:
5. What is data encryption standard (DES)?
1. The attackers a network of compromised devices known as:
2. Which of the following is a form of DoS attack ?
3. The DoS attack is which the attacker establishes a large number of half-open or fully open TCP connections at the target host:
4. The DoS attack is which the attacker sends deluge of packets to the targeted host:
5. Packet sniffers involve:
1. Ethernet frame consists of:
2. What is stat frame delimeter (SFD) in ethernet frame?
3. MAC address is of:
4. What is autonegotiation?
5. Ethernet in metropolitan area network (MAN) can be used as:
1. Expansion of FTP is:
2. FTP is built on _____ architecture:
3. FTP uses _____ parallel TCP connections to transfer a file:
4. Identify the incorrect statement:
5. If 5 files are transfered from server A to client B in the same session. The number of TCP connection between A and B is:
1. The number of objects in a Web page which consists of 4 jpeg images and HTML text is ______
2. The default connection type used by HTTP is _____
3. The time taken by a packet to travel from client to server and then back to the client is called ____
4. The HTTP request message is sent in ____ part of three-way handshake.
5. In the process of fetching a web page from a server the HTTP request/response takes ______ RTTs.
1. Simple mail transfer protocol (SMTP) utilizes ____ as the transport layer protocol for electronic mail transfer.
2. SMTP connections secured by SSL are known as
3. SMTP uses the TCP port
4. Which one of the following protocol is used to receive mail messages?
5. What is on-demand mail relay (ODMR)?
1. Telnet protocol is used to establish a connection to
2. Which one of the following is not true?
3. All telnet operations are sent as
4. AbsoluteTelnet is a telnet client for
5. The decimal code of interpret as command (IAC) character is
1. The sharing of a medium and its link by two or more devices is called _______
2. Multiplexing is used in _______
3. Which multiplexing technique transmits digital signals ?
4. If there are n signal sources of same data rate than TDM link has _______ slots
5. If link transmits 4000frames per second, and each slot has 8 bits,the transmission rate of circuit this TDM is